Monday, 22 October 2012

Urban Tribes

Michel Maffesoli
 
Michel Maffesoli, a French Socialist had a theory called Urban Tribes which were young people who formed in small, fluid groups and shared common interests in urban areas.

Gamers

I feel that the most suitable tribe for me are Gamers, which is within the Alternatives. Gamers are find their online profiles more important than real-world socialising, they have an electric and influential taste in games, music and films, but not for fashion. 


This describes me to a certain extent due to the face that I have interests in video games, however I do not find that my online profiles are more important than real-world socialising. Then again for many people some of the Tribes will not perfectly fit them seeing as every individual is different, although I find that the tribe Gamers is very brief and doesn't have as much information compared to the other tribes.

As for how my tribe consumes music the genre of music it seems that the common preference is electrical music such as electronic and rock. Personally my music tastes is quite varied as I enjoy all sorts of music, although I don't listen to music as often as others and I am not really mainstream as in i do not know many names of sings however I may recognise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment