Thursday, 31 January 2013

Digipak - Producing Album Front Cover

Album Front Cover

To create the album front cover I used Adobe Photoshop which is a great creative photo editing tool for producing the Digipak.



I firstly began by changing the colours of the background, to do this selected the gradient tool making the colour orange and yellow. The colour of the background is suppose to be similar to the lead singers guitar. To add the red tint around the edges I used the gradient tool again however on a different layer and changed the opacity of it.



Once I was finished with adjust the colours of the background I then imported the images of the band members from the photo shoot we did. I resized the image and used the magic wand tool and highlighted the areas which I didn't want to appear.


I then made another layer below with a bold colour so that I could tidy up the areas around the lead singer.


To create the silhouette effect I went to the blending options and filled in the inner shadow of the band member. The edges around the image were a bit messy, to solve this problem I went to the image options and then choose refine to sharpen the edges. 


Once I was finished making silhouettes for all 4 band members I resized the images and placed them on the bottom section of the front cover. I then moved onto adding the artist and album name. The font for Orson was PTsans and 'Bright Idea' is Trajan Pro. To add more effects tot he text I again used the blending options and added some glow and shine to the text.

Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment